P.S. 154’s early childhood program focuses on developing students’ academic and social skills in developmentally appropriate ways. For this reason, our core curriculum is play-based. Children engage in thematic units of study around themes like Transportation, Babies, or Homes and Habitats. Woven into these units of study are early academic reading, writing, speaking, listening, and math skills so that students are fully prepared to be successful in Kindergarten.
Below are the highlights of our Pre-Kindergarten program.
- Play and exploration
- Thematic units of study
- Development of early reading, writing, math, and science skills
- Development of social skills
- Lots of outdoor and movement time
- Daily naps
- Family-style breakfast and lunch in the classroom
- Students go to Dance, Fine Art, and Physical Education