At P.S. 154, Kindergarten – 2nd grade are critical years to learn, practice, and develop the social and emotional skills that enable children to persevere, collaborate, question, and express their thoughts and ideas. These are also key years for our students to learn and master foundational academic skills in all subject areas while simultaneously practicing and developing critical thinking skills and habits.
Below are the highlights of our K – 2 program.
- Focus on P.S. 154’s core values and thinking about what it means to be “powerful” citizens.
- Development of foundational skills in reading, writing, and mathematics
- Teachers College Reading and Writing Project units of study in literacy
- Inquiry-based math curriculum using TERC and Contexts for Learning
- Focus on problem-solving and early critical thinking skills
- Outdoor learning begins!