Welcome to P.S. 154
P.S. 154 is a high-performing, whole child and family-focused community school. We believe deeply that children thrive when they are surrounded by caring adults, have a structured learning environment, recognize that there are high expectations in place for them, and have the tools to collaborate, persevere, and think critically. We pride ourselves on preparing children both emotionally and academically to be successful throughout their lives. We work to establish strong foundational habits, strategies, and skills that children can carry with them to middle school, high school, college, and even their adult lives!
P.S. 154 is a community of Collaborative, Appreciative, Responsible, Empathetic, and Steadfast learners. Here, students gain the academic, social, and emotional foundations they will need to be highly successful in high school, college, and careers so that, ultimately, they may positively impact their communities.
Our Core Values - C.A.R.E.S.
Collaborative - We work together.
Appreciative - We notice the good.
Responsible - We can be trusted.
Empathetic - We think about other people's feelings.
Steadfast - We are determined to succeed.
We are a Top Performing School
On the last NYS Exams, we scored higher than the district, borough, and city average in ELA and higher than the district and borough average in Math.
We Are a Community School
Services for Families
- Weekly “Coffee Time”
- Men’s Group
- New Year, New You for Moms
- Special Parent Breakfasts
- Food Pantry
- Adult Education Classes (ESL and GED)
- Wrap around family SYNC services
Health Services for Students
- Two guidance counselors
- Full time mental health clinic in our school
- Full dental services twice a year
- Vision testing and glasses
- Hearing screening
Our School Day and School Year
- Our current school day runs from 8:15 a.m. – 2:15 p.m.
- Breakfast and lunch is served for all PK – 5th grade students in-person. At-home students are welcome to come pick up Grab and Go meals.
- We offer an Expanded Day for in-person students in grades K – 5 (2:15 – 5:30 p.m.)
- We offer Holiday Camp over vacations for K – 5th graders.
- We offer Summer Camp for rising Kindergarten – 4th graders.